TruIdentity Grades 7-9—Judges
TruIdentity empowers middle school students to deepen their faith as they seek and respond to God, finding their identity in Him.
The TruIdentity Judges series powerfully shows students that God is on mission to gather a community of worshippers for Himself. From the action-packed book of Judges, students learn that God is the ultimate Hero who uses imperfect people, flaws and all, to fulfill His plan to redeem the world.
The book of Judges chronicles stories of some of the most evil people who’ve ever lived, repeating cycles of sin, repentance, and deliverance by God. Yet, we find hope in studying the book of Judges because it points to God’s constant focus on His people, His willingness to forgive when we admit our mistakes, and the unfathomable grace our God gives His children—even when they’re undeserving of it. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22–23). This underlying theme of the book holds true for us today. In essence, grace abounds!
In applying the book of Judges to life today, students will discover that the most exciting parts of the stories in Judges aren’t about the people, but about our God who relentlessly offers grace to undeserving people who don’t seek it or appreciate it. They’ll come face to face with the cross where God proved His faithfulness.
Components of a TruIdentity Lesson
Connect: Students are invited to engage with leaders and one another through activities, questions, and personal testimonies. Then students are encouraged to connect with God through worship, reading His Word, and prayer as they learn to discern the voice of the Holy Spirit and His leading in their lives.
Encounter: Student ministry leaders are provided with a comprehensive commentary and an exegetical lesson outline each week. Leaders are equipped to prepare messages for their students, rather than prescribed exactly what and how to teach. Each week, innovative videos and relevant messages help students encounter God, His character, and His work throughout His redemptive narrative.
Respond: Students are encouraged to respond to God’s Spirit and what He is personally teaching them through worship as response and participating in discussions with their peers and leaders.
Bless: As followers of Jesus, we’ve been blessed to be a blessing. Each week, students receive a blessing from their leaders and sometimes one another. A blessing can be a prayer of commission, a portion of Scripture, or words to encourage and guide.
TruIdentity Judges is an 8-week series. TruIdentity is a digital curriculum.
A subscription to TruIdentity - the Book of Judges Digital Kit includes:
- Eight customizable lessons
- Weekly videos to set up and frame the lesson
- At Home Weekly: A pre-teaching tool for families
- Student HomePages: Customizable for use during teaching and a continued time of response at home
TruIdentity Series Kit includes:
- Series Leaders Guide – 8 lessons
- Resource Pak
- Series Overview document
- Series bookmarks
- Videos (1 per lesson)
- Connect Question images
- God Statement images
- Customizable images (series and activity)
- Discussion Questions (for small groups)
- Parent Shepherd resources
- At Home Weekly for each lesson
This product license is good for 13 months. After 13 months, you must purchase another license.
Notes about product download licensing:
- Each downloaded file is intended to be used for printing classroom copies and use on a single computer or your teacher’s mobile devices only. The product’s text and artwork may not be extracted and/or reused in other materials without the express written permission of David C Cook.
- The product is protected by copyright laws and is intended for non-commercial classroom use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the product files. Additional restrictions may apply.
- This is a downloadable product—no physical product will ship. Downloadable products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed. See the EULA for additional terms related to replacement files.