TruIdentity Grades 7-9—Mark
TruIdentity empowers middle school students to deepen their faith as they seek and respond to God, finding their identity in Him.
This eight-week series takes students on a journey of discovery through the Book of Mark. The goal is to answer the question: Who is Jesus Christ? Both biblical and secular history records His presence as perhaps the most influential person who ever walked the face of the earth. Nearly everyone has an opinion about Jesus, but who is right? Through this series, students will look deep into the account of someone who was close to those who followed Jesus during His lifetime. The book of Mark points our focus upward to the character and work of Jesus—God Himself in human flesh. We’ll engage in the narrative to discover how God took on a human form to be close to His creation; to reveal that He is not just transcendent, but relational and personal.
A key component of TruIdentity begins in the home with the At Home Weekly. Families are equipped to be the primary nurturers of their student’s faith through time together in God’s Word, prayer, and blessing. Students will come ready to continue conversations about God that began at home.
Components of a TruIdentity Lesson
Connect: Students are invited to engage with leaders and one another through activities, questions, and personal testimonies. Then students are encouraged to connect with God through worship, reading His Word, and prayer as they learn to discern the voice of the Holy Spirit and His leading in their lives.
Encounter: Student ministry leaders are provided with a comprehensive commentary and an exegetical lesson outline each week. Leaders are equipped to prepare messages for their students, rather than prescribed exactly what and how to teach. Each week, innovative videos and relevant messages help students encounter God, His character, and His work throughout His redemptive narrative.
Respond: Students are encouraged to respond to God’s Spirit and what He is personally teaching them through worship as response and participating in discussions with their peers and leaders.
Bless: As followers of Jesus, we’ve been blessed to be a blessing. Each week, students receive a blessing from their leaders and sometimes one another. A blessing can be a prayer of commission, a portion of Scripture, or words to encourage and guide.
TruIdentity is a digital curriculum.
TruIdentity Mark Series includes:
- Series Leaders Guide – 8 lessons
- Resource Pak
- Series Overview document
- Series bookmarks
- Videos (1 per lesson)
- Connect Question images
- Customizable images (series and activity)
- Discussion Questions (for small groups)
- Parent Shepherd resources
- At Home Weekly for each lesson
This product license is good for 13 months. After 13 months, you must purchase another license.
Notes about product download licensing:
- Each downloaded file is intended to be used for printing classroom copies and use on a single computer or your teacher’s mobile devices only. The product’s text and artwork may not be extracted and/or reused in other materials without the express written permission of David C Cook.
- The product is protected by copyright laws and is intended for non-commercial classroom use only. Your use is subject to the End User License Agreement (“EULA”) that accompanies the product files. Additional restrictions may apply.
- This is a downloadable product—no physical product will ship. Downloadable products cannot be returned, sold, or relicensed. See the EULA for additional terms related to replacement files.